Stourbridge Canal

Whitehouse Glassworks

The Stourbridge Canal looking towards lock 13 on the “Stourbridge 16” flight. The canal, opened throughout in 1779, ran from Stourton Junction on the Staffordshire & Worcestershire Canal through to Black Delph, the start of the Dudley Canal.

The building to the left of the image is what remains of Stuart Crystal’s White House glassworks, this building once continued beyond the lock. Opposite the White House on the towpath side, the brick wall was once the boundary of Richardson’s Wordsley Flint Glassworks which has since gone to be replaced with light industrial works, at least still providing some employment for the area.